F-111 Aardvark for FSX
The F-111 was an extremely advanced design using the "swing wing" or variable geometry airfoil. Powered by fuel-efficient turbofan engines, the aircraft went through a long and varied evolutionary process, emerging as perhaps the finest long-range interdictor of the 1980s. It served in many roles, flying thousands of combat sorties, and carried a vast array of weaponry, including nuclear payloads, missiles, and bombs. It could also pack a Vulcan cannon. Total stores amounted to 31,500 pounds for any one mission, plus fuel and crew. The last operational F-111's were retired in 2011 by the Royal Australian Air Force.
Read the GOLD STAR AWARD review :
F-111 FS Pilot Review (Flash).
F-111 FS Pilot Review (PDF).
Here is another 5-STAR review of this model by Ray's Aviation, a popular European FS reviews site : F-111 REVIEW
The multiple FSX F-111 cockpit models can seen in action in this video promo : F-111 Cockpits Video.
This video shows the exterior models : F-111 Video.
Use right-click and 'save target as' on the link to save a copy of the WMV file to your PC.
Includes FIVE physically distinct F-111 variants with ELEVEN unique stores loadouts.
Featured variants : FB-111A, F-111C, F-111E, F-111F, F-111G and the EF-111A Raven.
1. FB-111A 'Sleepy Time Gal' , 509th BW
2. FB-111A 'Spirit of the Seacoast', 509th BW
3. F-111C A8-138 camo, 1 Sqn. RAAF
4. F-111C A8-125 grey 2007 Anniv., 6 Sqn. RAAF
5. F-111C A8-125 grey 2010 Anniv., 6 Sqn. RAAF
6. F-111E 77th TFS, 20th TFW, Upper Heyford
7. F-111F 524th FS 'Hounds', Cannon AFB
8. F-111F 'Miss Lyberty II', 48th TFW, Lakenheath
9. F-111G 'Boneyard Wrangler', 6 Sqn. RAAF
10. F-111G 428th FS 'Buccaneers', Cannon AFB
11. EF-111A Raven, 430th ECS, Cannon AFB
- FIVE unique virtual cockpits : correct gauge and switch layouts for the FB-111A, F-111E, F-111F, F-111G and EF-111A Raven.
- high level of cockpit functionality, many mousable switches and knobs.
- comprehensive 63-page PDF manual included.
- four different working multi-mode radar types, with many selectable functions.
- simulated multi-function TFR (Terrain Following Radar) display.
- multi-function displays (G version) with selectable pages.
- special multi-display radar and information unit in EF-111A version.
- high-resolution analogue gauges with multiple alpha channels.
- working multi-mode HUD.
- authentic red glow night lighting with separate flood/instrument switches.
- loadouts include Mk82's, Mk82 Snakeye, GBU-10 and -12 Paveway, GBU-15, Harpoon, AIM-9P, B61 nuclear free-fall bombs (internal) and SRAM nuclear stand-off missiles (all loadouts can be hidden using switch in cockpit). Also on some variants - Pavetack module, AN-ALQ 131V ECM unit, AXQ-14 datalink pod.
- native FSX model.
- detailed checklist and accurate flight model.
- custom afterburner effects.
- detailed afterburner cans (2 types) with correctly animated internal and external petals.
- wingtip vapour trails (move with swing-wing).
- working fuel dump function with custom vapour trail from fuel outlet when used.
- realistic 'dump and burn' effect
- high quality FSX soundset included.
- togglable realistic animated pilot figures.
- animated canopy, tailhook, speedbrakes, spoilerons, bomb bay doors, refuelling receptacle, afterburner petals, Triple Plow 1 translating cowls and Triple Plow II blow-in doors, Pavetack pod.
- Adobe Photoshop layered paintkit available.